Subject: Re: A bug in firefox for netbsd (or perhaps in GTK?)
To: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
From: Timo Schoeler <wanker4freedom@web.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/09/2005 16:36:35
hi Zbigniew,

> There seem to be a bug either in Firefox or in a GTK: when I'm going
> to read
> mails using kind of "webmail" interface, firefox first asks, do I want
> to let
> the password be stored in "password manager" - and this is OK - but
> then it
> shows second, quite empty "question" (with blank description field).
> Of course,
> I chose "cancel", not knowing, what does it ask me for.
>
> That second "empty" question isn't asked by Firefox for Linux, ran
> under
> control of Debian
> --
> 				pozdrawiam / regards
>
> 						Zbigniew Baniewski

hm, this bug is i) known (please see [1]) and ii) not for the -current

[1] -- http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bugs/2005/03/04/0022.html

for me (NetBSD/macppc) running firefox-gtk1 solved this problem.

cheers!

--
Timo Schoeler | http://macfinity.net/~tis | timo.schoeler@macfinity.net
//macfinity -- finest IT services | http://macfinity.net

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary
and those who don't.