Subject: Re: mpt(4) issues, was: Why not softdep per default?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/2005 14:59:20
Am 04.04.2005 um 23:00 Uhr +0200 schrieb Manuel Bouyer:
>It's not the driver which reports the error, it's the device. The
>driver pass this transparently to scsipi.
>Now, it's possible that this error is faked by the firmware when in RAID mode.
>Maybe becase the previous message sent by the firmware was not handled
>properly.

Going after the "mpt0: Unknown async event: 0xb" dmesg entry, I find a

#define MPI_EVENT_INTEGRATED_RAID	(0x0000000B)

in sys/dev/ic/mpt_mptlib.h that is not handled in the switch
statement in mpt_netbsd.c::mpt_event_notify_reply(). AFAICS, the
FreeBSD code doesn't do that, either.

The linux 2.6.11.xx drivers/message/fusion/mptscsih.c, OTOH, handles
the event. Not that I'd understand what the code does, though.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik