Subject: bce and iwi problems
To: None <>
From: Hitoshi Asaeda <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/2005 07:32:53
I've installed netbsd-current on ThinkPad X40 and Dell Inspiron 8600
these days.

Netbsd on X40 recognizes its wireless interface as iwi0, but when I
run "dhclient iwi0", it says "ifconfig: SIOCAIFADDR: Input/output
error" and "iwi0: not found", and hence I cannot enable this
I used GENERIC_LAPTOP for the kernel generation and everything was
built last week.

On the other hand, netbsd on Inspiron 8600 recognizes its ethernet as
bce0, but the kernel always shows "bce0: data error" on the console.
I tried GENERIC and GENERIC_LAPTOP for the kernel generation but there
is no difference for this bce problem.
Actually when I used this machine with netbsd-2.0, bce0 worked.

Any idea?

p.s. If you have any information to enable wireless interface on
Inspiron, I'd happy to hear it, too. Thanks.
Hitoshi Asaeda