Subject: page fault panics w/ 3.99.3 in wm_rxintr
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Selonen <arto@selonen.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/05/2005 09:42:58
Hi!

After upgrading one of our wm-based -current systems with sources from
yesterday morning (~20050404), I've started experiencing page fault
panics that seem to be related to wm_rxintr. This seems to only happen
when rebooting, ie. instead of a reboot I get a panic (with maybe 80%
probability). This reminded me of kern/22493, as the trigger is very
similar, but the problem is probably a separate one.

Here is a trace from one reboot panic (caused by pinging the system while
it was rebooting):

syncing disks... done
unmounting file systems... done
kernel: page fault trap, code=0
Stopped at  netbsd:wm_rxintr+0x232:movl %esi,0x10(%ebx)
db> tr
wm_rxintr()
wm_intr()
Xintr_legacy11()

Does this sound familiar? Known issue? Being worked on? Do I file a PR
(with better details) or wait & upgrade again?

Artsi
--
Everstinkuja 5 B 35                               Don't mind doing it.