Subject: Re: OpenSSH and getpw*
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@tac.gw.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/2005 19:41:36
On Aug 22,  2:33am, Christos Zoulas wrote:
} John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca> wrote:
} >     I did a sweep of the entire source tree looking for things that
} >use getpw*.  Right now, I'm looking at OpenSSH.  It is so convoluted
} >that it will be difficult to determine if its use of getpw* will
} >conflict with its use of PAM.  Does somebody else want to look at it?
} >Should I just change every use of getpw* in the source of sshd to
} >getpw*_r?  Should we just ignore OpenSSH now that the sweep of all the
} >PAM modules is done?
}
} I'd say do it. Better be safe than sorry.

     Okay.  I'll dig into it.  If you don't hear from me within a few
days, then I've probably been eaten by the grue.

}-- End of excerpt from Christos Zoulas