Subject: Re: Resource needs
To: Martijn van Buul <martijnb@atlas.ipv6.stack.nl>
From: Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/2005 15:25:21
Hi.

I dont find this trolling, just a remark about running featureless OS with no support for anything.
And I doubt he can run Mozilla on top of DOS...
Consider this as a rather humorous remark.

Running a stripped down version of a BSD with far more features in would result in even less resource usage.
Especially with memory mounted file systems. I doubt you can do that with DOS :)

My experience with NetBSD contra FreeBSD and Linux, all of them with custom kernels and binaries compiled with optimalization on the same i386 single CPU hardware is that NetBSD uses less rescources for server related tasks.
But this is something I noticed with  "naked eye" (ps, top), never doing any benchmarks.

Have a nice 1.st of april.
:)

Cheers,
YazzY