Subject: Re: Problems accessing anoncvs
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20050322T101221@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/22/2005 10:35:06
Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com> writes:
> I am frankly baffled by this sudden outbreak of obnoxious behaviour
> among the users of the anoncvs service!

A few years ago before I had this quiet disk in the main machine I'd
occasionally hear the machine-gun noise of a disk under heavy load.  I
eventually tracked it down to the httpd server and some rude people
running something called "netants" which would open up dozens of
connections in parallel.  Watching the log file for "NetAnts" and
slapping an IP filter on for that address quieted things down
immensely.

Hopefully nobody has written a multithreaded cvs client along the same
lines...

-wolfgang