Subject: Re: newfs & qemu fails
To: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
From: Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu@rinta-aho.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/22/2005 16:40:53
David Brownlee wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Teemu Rinta-aho wrote:
>
>> I just tried to install current (3.99.1) on qemu
>> (/usr/pkgsrc/emulators/qemu), but the newfs fails.
>> However, installing 2.0-stable works out fine.
>> This is so uncritical that I will not file a PR
>> yet if someone quickly gets an idea what might be
>> wrong..
>

>     Into what type of disk/disk image are you trying to install?

<To current-users>

It's a raw 1GB file created with 'qemu-img create -s 1G NetBSD'

Installing -current, newfs gets a segmentation fault in the
beginning, but 2.0-stable installs and boots up beautifully
from the same kind of a disk image. I haven't debugged
the newfs so I really can't say much more this time..

</To current-users>

<To David>

BTW, does Win XP work well on qemu in NetBSD? Are MS Office
applications and the Internet Explorer usable? I have an
Intel P4 3.4GHz with 1GB of memory.

</To David>

Teemu

--