Subject: Re: newfs & qemu fails
To: Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu@rinta-aho.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/22/2005 11:25:24
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Teemu Rinta-aho wrote:

> I just tried to install current (3.99.1) on qemu
> (/usr/pkgsrc/emulators/qemu), but the newfs fails.
> However, installing 2.0-stable works out fine.
> This is so uncritical that I will not file a PR
> yet if someone quickly gets an idea what might be
> wrong..

 	Into what type of disk/disk image are you trying to install?

 	I've been running NetBSD/WinXP/Win2K under qemu and the installs
 	both had some issue, but after a 'reboot' and resume they
 	completed the install. Some of the service packs needed to be
 	extracted by hand on another machine and ran. This is only
 	tangentally relevant, but indicates there are some issues with
 	qemu which may should up running NetBSD also.

 	I've not installed NetBSD under qemu, but I _have_ booted an
 	installed NetBSD host as a guest with -snapshot (and then in
 	the guest ran X, and just to see also started up another
 	qemu -snapshot)... which comes under "Just Wrong..." :)
 	http://www.dad-answers.com/qemu-forum/viewtopic.php?t=413