Subject: netbsd-3 branch build failure - have there been changes in the -current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@tastylime.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/2005 20:17:23
--------------enigEAEBD4738A3B3054B3D39E3E

Hi-

I'm currently digging through source-changes to see if I missed
something, but I was wondering if anyone knows what has changed in the
toolchain since the netbsd-3 branch was created... the reason I ask is
that the build on the branch fails in lib/libpthread. (This was brought
to my attention by hubertf@) It fails like so:

--- pthread_cancelstub.o ---
/usr/src3/lib/libpthread/pthread_cancelstub.c:312: warning: no previous
prototype for `pselect'
*** [pthread_cancelstub.o] Error code 1

Since a -current build does *not* fail there, and the files in question
are the same except for RCSID, I poked around a little more... if I
build in that dir on the netbsd-3 branch with a *current* toolchain, it
builds.  Likewise, building with a netbsd-3 toolchain on a -current src
tree fails.

I'm looking for what the difference might be, but if someone knows
offhand, please let me know.

Thanks,
+j