Subject: Re: Proposal: removal of sendmail and postfix from base install
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/2005 17:05:40
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Andrew Reilly wrote:

> On the other hand, a build-time knob that allows sendmail to be
> left out of custom builds is a nice thing.

I have the feeling that, until syspkg works and is the default,
MKSENDMAIL and MKPOSTFIX should be enough. If one really always does
replace the base MTA with something else, do a build with
MKSENDMAIL=no and MKPOSTFIX=no.

Perhaps MKLPD should be added for the cups and lprng crowd.
I have no problems using NetBSD's default lp system, but since
enough people seem to find it lacking, MKLPD would be an easy
knob to leave it out, and then never risk getting the wrong
command from path.