Subject: pgcluster fails thread-safety test
To: -current <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/14/2005 11:26:23
--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

I'm trying to compile pgcluster (a replication system for PostgreSQL,
that can be used as a load balancer to PostgreSQL Clusters, [1]) on a=20
NetBSD 2.99.16 i386 from 27.02.2005

=2E/configure --enable-thread-safety fails with=20

  configure: error:
  *** Thread test program failed.  Your platform is not thread-safe.
  *** Check the file 'config.log'for the exact reason.

There are several failures in config.log, some of them regard pthread_
functions. The complete log can be found at [2]. (I currently have no
real understanding of pthreads)

configure works without --enable-thread-safety, but I'm not sure if I
should let it manipulate my databases w/o thread-safety.

Any hints, or are there other replication systems that can be used as=20
a load-balancer?

[1] http://hiroshima.sraw.co.jp/people/mitani/jpug/pgcluster/en/
[2] http://hiwi-ifph.gse.uni-magdeburg.de/~stefan/config.log.bz2
--=20
PGP FPR: CF74 D5F2 4871 3E5C FFFE 0130 11F4 C41E B3FB AE33
--=20
Wer mit Ungeheuern k=E4mpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer =
wird.
Wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hin=
ein.

Friedrich Nietzsche, "Jenseits von Gut und B=F6se"

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY--