Subject: Re: ssh prompts passwd twice
To: NetBSD Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2005.salmi.ch>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/2005 17:23:31
Manuel Bouyer --> current-users (2005-03-10 15:56:23 +0100):
> It's the one installed on the systemp by default. I didn't change anything
> in /etc/pam.d/.
>
> # $NetBSD: sshd,v 1.4 2005/02/27 03:40:14 thorpej Exp $
> #
> # PAM configuration for the "sshd" service
> #
>
> # auth
> auth            required        pam_nologin.so          no_warn
> auth            sufficient      pam_krb5.so             no_warn try_first_pass
> auth            sufficient      pam_ssh.so              no_warn try_first_pass
> auth            required        pam_unix.so             no_warn try_first_pass

So the first prompt is from pam_ssh, asking for the passphrase of your
~/.ssh/id_[dr]sa key. The second prompt is from pam_unix, asking for your
local system password. Removing the lines referencing pam_ssh should fix
the problem. As does using the same secret in both places ;-)

HTH, Jukka

--
bashian roulette:
$ ((RANDOM%6)) || rm -rf ~