Subject: Re: PAM enabled on head
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/2005 13:39:42
--jh06fhy6YTawvwPV

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 05:16:27PM -0800, Greywolf wrote:
  | [Thus spake Luke Mewburn ("LM: ") Tomorrow...]
  | LM: Which "mtree stuff" are you talking about?
  | LM:
  | LM: Our set lists already support optional files based on various MKfoo
  | LM: variables being modified from their defaults.
  |=20
  | Well that's new; when'd this finally happen?

The generic framework began on 2003/12/29, before 2.0 was branched.
Support in the sets for many of the MKfoo variables being set to "no"
has been implemented, but not all of them.

  | All I know is that if I built with MK_DYNAMIC_ROOT=3Dno, it still
  | expected to find /lib/* and /rescue/*, which I do not use, and make
  | distribution would fail.

I think you mean "MKDYNAMICROOT=3Dno", and this isn't supported in
the sets lists yet.

This would be because the people who work on implementing optional
sets components don't use MKDYNAMICROOT=3Dno, and in any case they
respond better to offers of help (e.g, a PR with working patches)
than to constant carping about why NetBSD isn't implemented exactly
how a particular minority subset of the userbase wants it to be.

--jh06fhy6YTawvwPV

--jh06fhy6YTawvwPV--