Subject: Re: PAM enabled on head
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/08/2005 13:44:35
--uwB7x3tnyrZQfZJI

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 07:37:35AM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> On Mar 8,  7:28am, netbsd@lists.veego.de (Bernd Ernesti) wrote:
> -- Subject: Re: PAM enabled on head
>=20
> | > We have changed PAM to fail closed. I.e. a missing PAM configuration =
will
> | > default to fail authentication as opposed to allow it. We are still
> | > thinking of adding even more strict checks in the authentication path=
, so
> | > that incorrect configurations will not default to allow someone acces=
s.
> |=20
> | So this means that you can no longer login if you don't have an /etc/pa=
m.d
> | or an empty one?
>=20
> Yes.

Speaking of which, there is an issue for people like me who compile with
MKKERBEROS=3Dno.  That way, pam_krb5.so is not built, but yet it is referen=
ced
by the pam configuration files.  Hence after the installation of such a
system, I can't login.

The solution would be to conditionally comment a few bits of the pam
configuration file.  Do we want that?  I don't think it would be too
difficult.

--=20

--uwB7x3tnyrZQfZJI

--uwB7x3tnyrZQfZJI--