Subject: Re: us.sbin/racoon fails 'make cleandir'
To: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: current-users
Date: 03/08/2005 09:09:38
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, walt wrote:

> Johnny Billquist wrote:
>
>> I know you can do it without symlinks, but I still have them around. I
>> probably need to change something in /etc/mk.conf to not have that setup.
>> Or otherwise there is something I do need to put in there. For now, I do
>> get the symlinks when running build.sh anyway. And others seem to get them
>> too.
>
> I certainly have symlinks like /usr/src/foo/bar/obj -> /usr/obj/foo/bar
> after running build.sh.  But I don't think that was the problem with the
> current example of racoon.

Indirectly they do. The symlink means that the racoon-directory isn't
empty, and thus it isn't removed when you run cvs.

> My impression from reading earlier threads on racoon is that (for a
> short time) racoon was compiled by mistake in the /usr/src tree and
> the resulting object files prevented cvs -P from pruning the obsolete
> source directories (because they were not empty).

I won't guess if racoon was built in the wrong way or not, but the racoon
directory previously did exist in the repository. Doing a build created an
obj symlink there, which meant that the directory didn't become empty, and
thus wasn't removed.

> The symlinks don't seem to cause me any trouble.  But if they don't
> belong there I would like to know how to prevent build.sh from making
> the symlinks.

Someone else should answer that one. I just know it can be done, but I
don't remember exactly how.

 	Johnny