Subject: Image viewer/screengrab util (not xv)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@absd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/07/2005 09:23:20
 	I've been a happy use of xv for a long time, but given its
 	security issues I'm (finally) looking for a replacement.

 	Does anyone have a recommendation for an image viewing util?

 	Things I've found particularly useful in xv include:
 	- Grab the bitmap of other arbitrary windows
 	- Scale up/down, including a quick key for 'max size while
 	  retaining aspect ratio'
 	- Display non understood files as plain text
 	- Print any file as postscript
 	- For postscript in, uses gs to generate bitmap then displays
 	- Does not need to pull in all of kde or gnome

 	Its unlikely I'll all of these in another program, but I'm
 	curious as to what others are using to display images, and
 	why :)

--
 			   David Brownlee -- abs@absd.org