Subject: Re: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Troms=F8_cvsup_server_problem?=
To: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@tastylime.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/05/2005 07:33:46
--------------enigD793357FBF5966C8E5659F64

Feico Dillema wrote:

>On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 10:23:28AM +0100, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> =20
>
>>it seems that the Troms=F8 cvsup server is in trouble again.  My
>>currently running update appears to delete large portions of the
>>CVS tree I mirror from you.  E.g. the src/x11/ tree is completely
>>gone.  Care to take a look?
>>   =20
>>

>Yes, it looks like quite some directories have gone. Trying to contact
>the master anoncvs.netbsd.org fails currently, so I assume we
>inherited the problems from there. I am now trying to reconstruct=20
>our mirror from rsync.netbsd.org. Hope that helps.
>
>Anybody know what's up with anoncvs.netbsd.org?
>
>Feico.
> =20

Not other than 'me, too'.  The problem with rsync.netbsd.org's
repository is that it's not kept up to date the same way as anoncvs, so
it's often hours or even days behind.  I've often thought, recently,
that it would be _very_ useful to have a second repository populated the
same way as anoncvs, that's only accessible by registered mirrors.  As
it stands now, when anoncvs goes belly-up, so do all the mirrors.  :-(

+j