Subject: Re: USB mouse dies
To: None <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/04/2005 11:50:35
   Two of my machines have USB mice.  On occasion, and without apparent
   cause, the system will stop seeing any mouse events.  Usually,
   unplugging the mouse and reconnecting it will solve the problem;
   sometimes, though, I have to reboot.  Any suggestions on the cause (or
   a fix)?

   I'm running -current with xorg on new Dell Dimension 8400s, with ITAC
   Systems Mouse-Traks.

		   --Prof. Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

I see this all the time on my Toshiba notebook when there is large amounts
of LAN activity on the wi device.  Other ethernet devices do not seem to
trigger the problem as often, or at all.

--
Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org - KC8VKS - PSK31 8pm EDT most days 50.220+
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://anduin.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]