Subject: how to prevent -current kernel from scanning atabus1?
To: NetBSD-current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Timo_Sch=F6ler?= <wanker4freedom@web.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/01/2005 17:48:17
hi list,

since 2.99.9 the problem stays the same as already mentioned in [1] --
scanning atabus 1 (AFAICS) makes the machine crash (was G4/400 single
CPU, since a week is G4/450 Dual CPU :).

now i wonder how i can track down or circumvent this; is there anything
i can tweak in the kernel config that makes it /not/ to scan atabus 1
while booting?

unfortunately, i still have no serial port on my G4 (maybe within a few
days), but my girlfriends G3 b&w (almost vanilla) hangs exactly the
same -- and for this machine i do have a serial port :)

tia & regards,

timo

[1] -- http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2004/11/23/0007.html

--
Timo Schoeler | http://macfinity.net/~tis
//macfinity -- finest IT services | http://macfinity.net

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary
and those who don't.