Subject: "missing untimeout" at resume time
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/25/2005 09:25:41
When I resumed my laptop this morning, I saw messages about atabus0 and
atabus1 resuming.  The next message spoke of a "missing untimeout",
after which I couldn't do anything involving disk I/O.  I couldn't make
it suspend again, and enough things were deadlocked that I couldn't
even get to my root window (though I had been able to switch among
firefox tabs for a while, though not indefinitely).

I'm running 2.99.16 from 20 Feb.  I've never seen this before, though
every couple of months the machine is dead when I try to wake it up.

Has anyone seen this before?  Any fixes?

		--Prof. Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb