Subject: Re: PXE boot on diskless VIA EDEN mini-ITX system problem
To: Andrew Reilly <andrew-netbsd@areilly.bpc-users.org>
From: Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu@rinta-aho.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/2005 11:13:02
Andrew Reilly wrote:

> exchange.  Tftpd logs show pxeboot_i386.bin being fetched.
> However at that point the PC console screen clears and nothing
> further seems to happen.  Pressing keys within five seconds (to
> get pxeboot interactive prompt) does nothing.  No attempt seems
> to be made to mount the NFS partitions.

Hi Andrew,

it might not be PXE-specific, the 2nd stage bootloader
from NetBSD 2.0 and up just doesn't work with the EPIA PD.

I was fighting with the same problem a few months ago and my
solution was to install the bootloader from 1.6 but everything
else from -current and it seems to work fine so far.

Teemu

--
teemu@rinta-aho.org -+- http://www.rinta-aho.org