Subject: Re: PXE boot on diskless VIA EDEN mini-ITX system problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/2005 06:45:19
andrew-netbsd@areilly.bpc-users.org (Andrew Reilly) writes:

>Anyway, this VIA EPIA "PD" board claims to do PXE boot, and it
>certainly seems to over one of the two ethernet ports, anyway,
>but it looks as though the pxeboot_i386.bin loader is crashing
>the system.

The NetBSD2.0 bootloader (disk, not pxe) is crashing my EPIA "M"
board too. There is somewhere an incompatibility with either
the BIOS or the CPU ("Ezra" in my case).

N.B. the NetBSD1.6 bootloaders do work and the pxe loader starts.
But when I tried this I hadn't set up the server accordingly,
so I don't know if the full bootstrap sequence is ok.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv@serpens.de