Subject: Re: 3ware management tools for NetBSD using the FreeBSD binaries?
To: Scott Ellis <scotte@intrepid.dnsalias.com>
From: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/15/2005 17:16:28
Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 04:42:00PM -0800, john heasley:
> > twedm> show
> > ERROR: ioctl() failed for controller compatibility code: Invalid argument
> > intrepid#
>
> hmm, I thought I had strickly typed everything, but there may be 64-bit
> issues.  At the least, I suspect that there would be an issue with the
> size of ioctl's request argument, or rather the subsequent offset of the
> arg pointer in a 64bit environment.
>
> I can try to clean it up later this week, but I do not have an amd64 to test
> it on; unless amd64 works a sun v20z???

turns out netbsd amd64 works beautifully on the v20z.

http://www.shrubbery.net/~heas/twedm.amd64 is an amd64 binary.  I can view
the controller information of the 7810 I just stuck in the box, but there
are no drives connected and I have no idea how I could possibly get the
cables in there anyway.  feel free to try it; all warnings implied.