Subject: Re: ntfs and linux emul
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/13/2005 13:02:25
On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 02:52:59PM -0800, Greywolf wrote:
> I have found that an initial read of something from an NTFS will
> produce different results than on subsequent reads -- this using
> cp, tar, sum, and dd.
>
> Why this is, I'm not sure, but I make sure to read things twice --
> once to someplace of no import, then once onto FFS to access the
> data.

This helped to narrow the search for the corrupted file
contents quite a bit. I believe I fixed the issue.
Can you try kernel with rev. 1.12 of src/sys/fs/ntfs/ntfs_subr.c
and confirm if it works for you even without the initial copy now?

Jaromir
-=- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=-
-=- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=-