Subject: Re: 3ware management tools for NetBSD using the FreeBSD binaries?
To: Scott Ellis <scotte@intrepid.dnsalias.com>
From: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/2005 16:42:00
Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 04:18:19PM -0800, Scott Ellis:
> On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 01:16:30PM -0800, john heasley wrote:
> > sysctls might be the missing glue to get tw_cli working.  I had noticed
> > them before.
> >
> > You could try adding these or try
> > 	http://shrubbery.net/~heas/twedm
> > 	http://shrubbery.net/~heas/twedm.8
> > no warranty, all warnings implied.
>
> John,
>
> Is the twedm 0.8a supposed to work on a -current amd64? From the other reports
> on these lists, it sounds like it works on i386, but on amd64 with an 8000
> series I get:
>
> intrepid# ./twedm -d /dev/twe0
> Warning: This code is of alpha quality, has had very little testing,
>          may destroy arrays on a whim.  Use it at your own risk.  I can
>          not be held accountable!
>
> twedm> show
> ERROR: ioctl() failed for controller compatibility code: Invalid argument
> intrepid#

hmm, I thought I had strickly typed everything, but there may be 64-bit
issues.  At the least, I suspect that there would be an issue with the
size of ioctl's request argument, or rather the subsequent offset of the
arg pointer in a 64bit environment.

I can try to clean it up later this week, but I do not have an amd64 to test
it on; unless amd64 works a sun v20z???

> Do I need a native amd64 binary (the .tar.gz on your site isn't +r for the web),
> or is there some other config bogon?

sorry, but I have not yet received the OK from 3ware to make the source
available and it is not clear to me that I can do so without violating
their license.