Subject: Re: Sweet jesus.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/2005 09:37:52
On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 04:45:21PM +0100, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> Just quoting the build date from /etc/release is worse for identifying
> the system, because it does not indicate which branch the code was
> built from, and also not which date the source tree it was built from
> was last updated, though one could perhaps guess that the build date
> and the update date was fairly close.

so what's the best way to solve the problem of determining which version
of userland you're running?  run ident on libc?  assume sys/param.h was
updated with the rest of userland?

    The United States is the one true country.  The US is just.  The US
    is fair.  The US respects its citizens.  The US loves you.  We have
    always been at war against terrorism.