Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/lib/libc/arch/i386/string
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: J.T. Conklin <jtc@acorntoolworks.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/2005 06:16:14
Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de> writes:
> skrueger@meinberlikomm.de said:
>> is someone working on  http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/
>> query-pr-single.pl?number=25263 ???
>
> I've been running these implementations on my main development box
> for many months, without problems.  Could just commit it. Haven't
> checked how it performs on non-Intel processors however.

I developed them on an Athlon, and confirmed that they were also
faster than the current implementations on a PIV and Athlon64 in
32 bit mode.  While I haven't tested them on older Intel, VIA,
Transmeta, etc. machines; I would expect them to be faster for
the simple reason that the new code does less "work".

> And, originally there was the intention to use the same code in
> libc and libkern. It already went out of sync at some places, we
> probably should just give up on this.

I've been using this code in both libc and libkern without problem
since I submitted it.

    --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin