Subject: Re: another thing that works under 2.0 but not -current
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jaka Jejcic <jj@gnorw.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/2005 16:19:36
On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 08:46:06AM -0500, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> mplayer.
>
> X11 error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
>
> MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: decode_video
>
> the only difference is the kernel, 2.0 works, -current doesn't.

As far as I can tell, this happens to me every time mplayer does not
have enough physical memory to assign. So, closing firefox or another
greedy app helps. But it is not mac specific ... I run NetBSD/i386-current
and have this same situations every day. Hence I'm forwarding this to
current-users.

jj