Subject: Re: NFS mounting on NetBSD
To: Park Chan-youn <phygeeks@gmail.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/01/2005 09:35:41
Park Chan-youn <phygeeks@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm trying to mount NFS on a diskless, PowerPC+Sandpoint-based system.
> NFS server is a NetBSD on i386.
> I've followed the whole steps in 'Diskless NetBSD Howto', but when I
> boot my diskless system, booting stops in the middle. The following is
> the boot message.

You should look at the traffic between the two devices to see what is
going on with the NFS connection.

Try putting the NFS_BOOT_RWSIZE option in your kernel configuration -
try 1024 as a starting setting - to prevent fragments that your
ethernet arrangement might not be fast enough to handle (although I
would expect a pci fxp to normally not have a problem with this).

        - Nathan