Subject: Re: wanted: ISP providing NetBSD-based servers
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Timo_Sch=F6ler?= <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/27/2005 10:19:54

--0-1251196927-1106821194=:320

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Timo Sch=F6ler wrote:

> sorry if this is slightly OT, but i didn't find sth. related to this topi=
c on=20
> NetBSD.org (tho i was sure that i've seen sth. like that some time ago?) =
--=20
> i'm searching for an ISP which sells 'root-servers' running NetBSD.
>
> location is not important, i'm based in Germany, but the server can be al=
most=20
> anywhere (as long as it's well connected to the net).
>
> mandatory is RAID-1 for boot and data storage volumes (hardware RAID or=
=20
> RAIDframe), capacity of data storage ~100GByte.
>
> furthermore, powerpc, i386/amd64 or sparc64 preferred (an Xserve Dual G4=
=20
> would be very nice ;).

 =09I have NetBSD dedicated servers at both http://www.eicat.ca/
 =09and http://www.jtan.com/

 =09Both will install NetBSD on the box, and offer serial console
 =09access as an option (once you ask). eicat tends to prefer you
 =09to spec the box which they then sell to you at close to cost
 =09and you co-lo it there, which may be easier for non-i386.

 =09I can give you the email of my favourite most NetBSD clueful
 =09person at each if you want :)

--=20
 =09=09David/absolute       -- www.NetBSD.org: No hype required --
--0-1251196927-1106821194=:320--