Subject: Re: RaidFrame poor performance
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Keil <J.Keil@gmx.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/26/2005 17:12:07
This mail was only sent to Greg, i forgot to include the Current List.
My apologize for that.

Greg Oster wrote:
> Even if there is no interest on the list, I'd still like to see the
> benchmark results :)
The iozone benchmark are very interesting (at least for me). A 3 disk R5
setup (with two usable disks) set up with a correct stripe/fs block size
is about 4 times faster than a 4 disk R5 (3 usable disks) setup.
You can find the benchmarks here:
http://www.nefkom.net/jjjk/iozone_raidframe.tar.bz2
Filesize is 36K so i chose not to send to the list in favour of modem
users. :)
When exams are over i'll try to polish up all the data with openoffice
and make some nice graphs and a html page.
So far i can't wait until my disks are shipped so i can test a 5 disk (4
usable disks) setup.

Greetings,

Jochen Keil