Subject: Re: anoncvs.fi.netbsd.org status
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Proton <proton@phpfi.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/24/2005 11:40:21
su, 2005-01-23 kello 23:58 -0500, Kimmo Suominen kirjoitti:
> Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi> writes:
> | On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> |
> | > You're welcome.  If you're in Finland, you might try anoncvs.fi.netbsd.org
> |
> | Does that really work. I've been trying to use fi-mirror for some months,
> | but have always had to give up. There are several problems
>
> I contacted the anoncvs.fi.netbsd.org maintainer on Thursday (1/20),
> and I got a response that the mirror should be back in business this
> weekend.  Sadly, I have to report that it is still not working, at
> least not for me, and not over SSH (keeps asking for a password).
>
> I've reported this to the maintainer, offering my assistance if he
> thinks it would be helpful.  Let's hope he finds a cure.

> Regards,
> + Kim

Hello Fellas,

anoncvs.fi.netbsd.org will be up this evening.
We got some troubles with hardware then we moved mirror temporarily to
another hosting-server which had faster connection etc.
Then we noticed very hard problem with users. People use compression
during cvsupping even they have got multimegabit connections.
Our system crashed several times and heaviest loads seen were somewhere
around 173.00 on single cpu system.
Then i moved the mirror to new server and first it did the same, crashed
system due heavy overload on cpu and memory usage.
And then we got disk-failure..
I'll fix the mirror in 4-5 hours. I'm sorry for this inconvenience.

--
Sami Louko, Mikrolahti Networks <sl@mikrolahti.net>
Gsm. 041-560 7571

Important: This e-mail is intended for the above-named person(s) only
and is confidential, proprietary and/or legally privileged.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately
notify the sender by telephone or return e-mail and delete the original
transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any
manner. Thank you.