Subject: Hardware SCSI RAID and failed disk
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/2005 12:20:52
Hi!

I'm happily using amr(4) RAID controller on several Dell PowerEdges
but I'm unable to get anything on the console when a disk is pulled
out (or otherwise failing). I've even tried FreeBSD with the same
result -- nothing on console or in /var/log/messages. The only visible
indicator is the error light in the front panel but that's not very
usable if the server is not in your room...

Has anyone been able to get any notification about disk failures
with the amr controller?

Do Adaptec (SCSI) RAID controllers show anything on the console
when a disk is pulled out?

Martti