Subject: Re: Linux binary emulation
To: Christian Goetz <cgoetz@pandora.be>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/18/2005 11:44:39
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Christian Goetz wrote:

> I'm trying to find the correct way to install linux software under
> binary emulation.
>
> PATH=$PATH:/bin:/sbin
> cd /usr/pkg/emul/linux
> chroot /usr/pkg/emul/linux
> sh
> .......... and then rpm ....? (no rpm under /emul/linux/...)
>
> This seems to me a correct way to get linux software installed under NetBSD.
> I assume that the rest of packages should be fetched from slackware
> distribution.
> Can anybody confirm that's the way to go ?

Use pkgsrc to install the software you need. Pkgsrc includes a wide
variety of Linux software.

If you need rpm, maybe install pkgsrc/misc/rpm.

If you want slackware software, you could just extract the tarballs to
your own directories (or to your emul directories).

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/