Subject: Re: mode 11g on ath(4) on Soekris net4801
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/16/2005 16:05:01
On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 05:17:52PM -0500, Andreas Wrede wrote:
> If I change the mode to 11g the system starts be behave erratic. At
> times, the amount of time the system spends processing interrupts goes
> to 100%, the system appears looked up for up to minutes at on end.

I think this is related to a bug in the HAL we use that causes excessive
numbers of PHY errors.  It is fixed in newer HALs.  You can pick up a
later HAL version from FreeBSD or Linux, or you can try again after
I import the latest net80211 and ath(4) from FreeBSD.  My earliest
opportunity to re-import from FreeBSD will be February 2.

Dave