Subject: Re: Performance on Transmeta Crusoe
To: Lasse Kliemann <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/2005 18:23:38
Lasse Kliemann wrote:
> Another idea of mine is that it is connected with the LongRun support. I've
> read that it can be configured via sysctl. Anyone knows an example to tune for
> more performance this way? Energy consumption is no problem (as long as the
> notebook does not become too hot), because it is almost always connected to a
> power socket.

Check the longrun sysctl nodes under 'machdep' ('sysctl machdep' should
include nodes with names along tm_longrun_*). Looking at the code,
it appears you want 'sysctl -w machdep.tm_longrun_mode=3' (maxfrequency).

Jaromir Dolecek <>
-=- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=-
-=- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=-