Subject: Re: can't run etcupdate (fails on MAKEDEV)
To: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 01/14/2005 08:32:44
14.1.2005 kello 04:52, George Michaelson kirjoitti:

> etcupdate -v complains:
>
> #   install  /tmp/temproot/dev/MAKEDEV
> cd /usr/obj/data/src/etc && install  -N /data/src/etc -c  -r -T
> etc_pkg -o
> root -g wheel -m 555  MAKEDEV /tmp/temproot/dev install: MAKEDEV:
> stat: No
> such file or directory*** Error code 1

When I've seen this (but in release builds, not during etcupdate),
it is because MAKEDEV is magically generated to src, not obj
nor dest. You might want to check that.

I've also had problems with a couple of sendmail .cf files
behaving the same way: they are generated to src. Sorry, but
can't rememeber ATM which they were (etcsubmit.cf was the
other one, I think).