Subject: Problems with -current on vax.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: current-users
Date: 01/12/2005 00:13:16
Well, it looks like something very recently got broken in the kernel.
Unfortunately, I'm having some problems pinpointing it.

Here is what I've observed:
Machine: vax
Current until 2005-01-01 works fine. (2.99.11)
Checkouts for the following few days result in a non-compilable system.
Checkouts now give something that compile.
(Compiling and running on a i386 platform works fine)
Trying to boot a new kenel 2.99.12 hangs right after it prints out the
file system type of the root file system.

Nothing have been done in sys/arch/vax after that time.
uvm seems to have undergone some major surgery, and is the reason for the
non-compileable stuff for a few days. Those changes were checked in during
2005-01-01.

I don't know if anything more was changed during this time, but that's a
stqart anyway. Anyone else noticed this?

  	Johnny