Subject: Failure to boot kernel with uvm_map.c 1.156
To: None <,>
From: Bruce O'Neel <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/09/2005 09:47:01

I grabbed the snapshot tarfiles yesterday from and
built a Mac68k softfloat build last night.  This morning when
I try to boot the INSTALLSBC kernel I get a KASSERT failure
at line 475 of uvm_map.c  Thisis uvm_map.c 1.156.

Sadly this is early enough that the keyboard is not initialized so
that's as far as I can go.  It panics right after telling me how much
memory I have.

The line is:

            (old_entry->flags & UVM_MAP_QUANTUM) || !UMR_EMPTY(umr));

and I can't tell you which bits are failing.

The last version of current that I've tried was the snapshot tar files
from 25 Dec.

SDF Public Access UNIX System -