Subject: Re: compression question, again.
To: Greywolf <>
From: Denis Lagno <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/2005 03:17:31
>	If I compress a file of considerable size, regardless of the
>	compression method, I get a corrupted file.
>	Filesystem in question has no softdeps enabled.  Filesize
>	is 462MB in size.
> Does *anybody* else, see this problem?

yes, with recent -current.  I made tgz archive (3 gigs) on external
drive and after that it appeared to be broken somewhere in the end.
I did not paid a lot of attention to that fact because
in the same timeframe I observed repeatable panics (kern/28897),
so I supposed that file got corrupted during those crashes.