Subject: Re: ITE IT8212 Raid controller driver and Yukon Gbit Ethernet
To: Nikolay Hristov <>
From: grant beattie <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/07/2005 22:36:52

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:01:57AM +0200, Nikolay Hristov wrote:

> has anyone got these two stuff working at all
> it seems none of existing operating systems support this except MS
> ones but i need unix system to work on this hardware .. even linux
> drivers are does not work properly for IT8212
> i've tried with netbsd 2.0 and now i'll try with netbsd current but my
> question .. are this hardware supported in current?

yes, I ported the driver for the ITE-8212 from OpenBSD, it is in
-current. note that it is not a real RAID card, and none of its
"RAID" functionality is supported (drives will always show up as
individual drives, regardless of what is configured in its BIOS).

I plan to backport the driver to at least -2-0 and hopefully -1-6,
too, but I have not yet had the time to do so.

it is listed here:

the driver you want is iteide(4), and it is in i386 GENERIC (and some

hope this helps,

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (NetBSD)