Subject: Re: problems with X configuration
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/2005 15:46:51
On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> Xorg.  (Query: if i do use xorg, do I need to rebuild anything in
> pkgsrc?  Why is X11_TYPE=xorg necessary?)

Rebuilding everything should not be necessary. I have some systems with a
mix-and-match of Xorg and XFree86 and appear to work fine.

I used X11ROOT_PREFIX=X11R6  and now X11_TYPE=xorg.

By setting X11_TYPE=xorg, it also defines USE_BUILTIN.Xfixes=yes and
USE_BUILTIN.Xcomposite=yes. Also, setting the X11_TYPE=xorg helps with
linking.

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/