Subject: anoncvs issues (was: Re: build.sh fails)
To: Denis Lagno <dlagno@smtp.ru>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: current-users
Date: 12/30/2004 19:42:43
    Date:        Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:51:18 +0300 (MSK)
    From:        "Denis Lagno" <dlagno@smtp.ru>

  | dunno whether mirrors being updated properly,

It doesn't seem so.

I just tried updating via a mirror, and the last entry in pkgsrc/CHANGES
was dated Dec 22.

What's more, the cvsup distribution systems are also not being updated
it seems (still working fine, but nothing changes).

It looks like everything depends upon anoncvs working to get updates
out (to those without developer accoounts).

I'm sure that those involved are working hard on fixing anoncvs, but in
the meantime, could this ...

christos@zoulas.com said:
  | The tar files of -current (the head of the CVS tree) are updated daily and
  | are located in:
  | 	/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current

possibly be made true, that would be better than nothing.   The "made true"
part refers to "updated daily" - those tar files seem currently to be
updated weekly.   They were last updated Dec 25 (so I'd assume might be
again updated Jan 1 - but daily would be nicer, until anoncvs returns).

kre