Subject: Re: build.sh fails
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Douglas Wade Needham <cinnion@ka8zrt.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/30/2004 00:04:20
	version=3.0.0
Sender: current-users-owner@NetBSD.org

Question...are the anoncvs mirrors being updated properly?  I would
expect they are, but being sure is a good thing.  If so, I know it is
a major hassle, but one can go through a tree and replace the CVS/Root
files.  That would be one way to update via anoncvs.  Another
possibility, given the right setup and access is to effect this via
changes to your internal DNS or nsswitch (to point to /etc/hosts
first) to have cvs get a mirror IP address instead.

BTW...here is a quick sample script to make the change.  No guarentees
for efficiency, but figuring your source tree is checked out in /usr/src...

    cd /usr/src
    find . -type f -name Root | egrep '/CVS/Root$' | while read i
    do
        echo ":pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs2.us.netbsd.org:/cvsroot" > ${i}
    done

- Doug

Quoting Christos Zoulas (christos@zoulas.com):

--
Douglas Wade Needham - KA8ZRT        UN*X Consultant & UW/BSD kernel programmer
Email:  cinnion @ ka8zrt . com       http://cinnion.ka8zrt.com