Subject: Re: pcmcia/ethernet: couldn't configure, setting IOBASE/IOSIZE without compiling new kernel?
To: A. F. Cano <afc@shibaya.lonestar.org>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/29/2004 18:14:45
In message <20041229222059.GA16642@tashi.lonestar.org>, "A. F. Cano" writes:
>Hello,
>
>I'm new to netbsd but I've already spent quite a few hours researching
>this, so please bear with me.
>
>My ultimate goal is to read some HDs written on a sun3/SunOS 4.1.1.
>I've been steered to netbsd because of its good support for multiple
>architectures and the apparent capability to mount the SunOS (SCSI)
>disks with their different endianness.  I have installed netbsd 2.0
>on an IDE disk (P3 computer, i386) and have plugged one of the sun3
>disks I want to read on an adaptec 2940 UW controller.  The controller
>is recognized as ahc1.  The boot process recognizes the attached drive
>but netbsd doesn't see/recognize it as sd0.

Could you post the dmesg output?  I realize that that's hard without a
working network connection...

If the boot process sees sd0 there, I don't know what you mean when you
say that "netbsd doesn't see/recognize it".  What happens if you run
'disklabel sd0' on that drive?

		--Prof. Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb