Subject: Re: Upgrade snag with tlp0 in Alpha PWS 433
To: Rhialto <>
From: Michael Kukat <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/29/2004 18:48:12
Hi !

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Rhialto wrote:
> $ ping
> PING ( 56 data bytes
> ^C
> PING Statistics----
> 5 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

What's on the other side of the cable? Some NWAY autosensing stuff or something
without autosensing capabilities or maybe a managed device where you can
configure all this funny stuff?

As said, my 2 MIATAs have fine network access (a bit slow, okay) with onboard
tlp, and the even have different chips inside. One is -52, the other -53.

Does the other cable end show some link LED or so?

Can't play around with my tlp currently, as there are some days scheduled for
package building, which needs NFS :)

--    Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX