Subject: Re: Upgrade snag with tlp0 in Alpha PWS 433
To: Rhialto <>
From: Michael Kukat <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/29/2004 17:15:09
Hi !

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Rhialto wrote:
> Simply put, my ethernet interface (tlp0, built-in) would not work
> anymore after upgrading, claiming "no carrier". Since I had to fiddle
> with the media before (my /etc/ifconfig.tlp0 contains "media 10baseT"),
> I suspected I had to look in this direction.

I didn't upgrade, i installed fresh from 2.0, and my tlp0 works fine in the
MIATA. But i have to use media autoselect, as fixing to 100fdx doesn't really

This worked with 2.0RC4 from releng and home-built 2.0 with some optimizations
for 21164a.


--    Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX