Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 packages + pkg_add bug
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: J Chapman Flack <flack@cs.purdue.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/27/2004 16:11:49
> > > Is there some pkgsrc variable I can set, or some option I can specify when
> > > building from source, to say "look for prerequisite packages in binary form
> > > first?"
> > DEPENDS_TARGET=bin-install
> 	it doesn't work just to do "make bin-install"?

Ah - fgrep bin-install <(man packages) reveals what I had overlooked
before.  Sorry.  The man-page doesn't quite say if the bin-install
propagates down to transitively required packages, which was the main
thing I was after - I'll have to try it and see.  My guess is if
'make bin-install' doesn't propagate down, DEPENDS_TARGET=bin-install
will.  Looking at bsd.pkg.mk it appears they should be equivalent.

Thank you both for the pointer.

-Chap