Subject: Building pkgsrc for alternative arch or OS rev?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/26/2004 20:12:49
   Hi.  My main development machine is an i386 running -current.
However,
I have a few machines that are much slower that are providing most of my
services.  Is there a [good] way to build against the obj trees that I
also
built on this same build machine, so that the pkgsrc binaries are built
run on an alternative arch, or an alternative version of NetBSD?

   For example, I need to get a squid to run on an i386 2.0 machine, but
am not sure the IPF stuff built into squid will be the same on the
2.99.11
machine I'm building on.  Is there a way I can build pkgsrc against some
alternative set of headers, et al, perhaps with a different toolchain
and
the like?

   Thanks...

                                     - Chris